Random Highlights August 7, 2009Posted by Sparkel in random.
- I just read the Time magazine article on exercise and it’s apparent counter productiveness and I actually feel very relieved. Not because I want to stop my regime (I actually feel better than I have in a long time) but because I have been a LOT hungrier lately and could not for the life of me figure out why. Now I feel a bit better and strangely less hungry… hoorah for psychosomatic tendencies!
- Casual Fridays are frequently my dressiest day at work. M and I have been trying new places around DC because we both work in the city now, and going back home only to come back makes no sense. We’re going to a restaurant that was recommended on behalf of its fabulous drinks and not too pricey food, so I’m quite excited.
- Two of M’s sister’s friends who have become my friends came over last night for dinner. One of them, Lainey, asked when M and I are getting married. I smiled and told her she would have to ask him, and he was playing Wii Tennis, so his response was something along the lines of “uh…I dunno…OH COME ON YOU STUPID ASSHOLE DAAAMMMITTTT FUUUUUCCK!” He sure knows how to make the ladies swoon 😀
- M’s sister is due in five weeks, and her baby shower is at the end of this month. She and M continuously refer to the baby as my nephew, which hasn’t gotten any less strange. Does anyone have a weird time dealing with being called “Aunt” or “Uncle” by their significant others family? Maybe it’s just my aversion to children right now, because I frequently refer to her as my “sister-in-law” (but mostly because that term flows better in conversation than “my boyfriends sister”) I truly believe that while I am ready for marriage and domestic bliss right now, M will be ready for kids possibly long before I am. The whole concept truly just…freaks me out. Watching people with babies is fun and cute until I picture myself with my own, and then I just feel nervous. M’s cousin did this trick where she puts a necklace with a ring on it into your palm and lifts it up and down, and when she stops, the number of twists in the necklace is the number of children you’ll have. M will apparently have two, and me? Zero. And part of me felt relieved. I hope my feelings change.
- We’re going to Atlantic City Saturday night. M’s cousin is flying from Spain to El Salvador, and arranged a layover in DC that she extended for a few days so she can visit. M and I wanted to go to New York, but we were the only ones, so we decided to go by ourselves one weekend before I start school again. I’m excited. I ❤ New York very much and would love to live there for a year or two someday, so visiting is always a chance to live vicariously through…myself for a few days. Places to stay on the cheap, but nice and restaurant recommendations are always much appreciated 😀
- I’m still kinda crazy about my job. I have coworkers who I now consider friends. I have more responsibilities, so I feel stressed but appreciated and I basically just really enjoy being there. I feel content and pleased with the amount I get done and the praise I receive. I’m truly happy and feel very, very lucky.
What’s randomly going on in your life/mind?