I… March 1, 2009Posted by Sparkel in meee, meme.
I am…posting again after a random, unintentional hiatus.
I think…too much.
I know…less than I’d like.
I want…a beach, a notebook, strawberry lemonade, a good pen and unlimited hours.
I have…a pretty fantastic life to be honest.
I wish…it were even more fantastic. Greedy, I know.
I hate…good things ending and bad things being prolonged.
I miss…Arizona and my biggest concern being whether or not my lunchbox was cool enough for school.
I fear…abandonment as a result of my personality.
I feel…passionately about too many things.
I hear…the things you don’t say.
I smell…stargazer lilies that M gave me.
I regret…nothing. Everything, good and bad, made me who I am, and I’m pretty fond of me.
I care…too much about things that don’t concern me.
I am not…
I believe…in magic 😀
I dance…to the beat of a different drum.
I sing…loudly and out of tune.
I write…and hope to make a living out of it, but love it regardless.
I win…thumb wars and checkers fairly consistently.
I lose…faith in humanity more often than I’d like.
I never…want to lose hope that all you need is love.
I listen…even when it seems like I don’t.
I can usually be found…reading at Starbucks or Barnes and Noble.
I’m scared of…scaring people away.
I forget…nothing. Seriously, I am THE retainer of useless information and every conversation I’ve ever had.
I just…wanna go to Europe.
I am happy about…job prospects, having the basics in life and then some, awesome friends, a wonderful partner and the fact that this year is lookin’ good.
Bored=Meme about reading and books (woot!) July 30, 2008Posted by Sparkel in books & movies & shows, meme.
1 comment so far
Do you remember how you developed a love of reading?
My parents always read a lot, and constantly took us to the library or a book store. My siblings and I each had our own bookshelves in our rooms, and my parents kept a huge one in the living room and several in hallways. I remember always finding it so strange if I went to a friends house and they didn’t have books everywhere. A common question in my house has always been “what are you reading?” rather than “are you reading anything?”, so it was pretty much assumed that we would all love to read.
What are some books you loved as a child?
Anything by Shel Silverstein, this great children’s encyclopedia my parents got that I read letter by letter one summer, The Bearenstein Bears books, Dr. Seuss books, Calvin and Hobbes collections, the Ramona books, The Baby Sitters Club series, Nancy Drew books, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, A Promise is a Promise, those scary story collections, and many, many more.
What is your favorite genre?
Fiction. But not really chick-lit.
Do you have a favorite novel?
Several: The Time Traveler’s Wife, the Twilight series, Atlas Shrugged, The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Unbearable Lightness of Being, Atonement, Harry Potter series, etc.
Where do you usually read?
In my car during red lights, while waiting in line, at Starbucks before work sometimes, in my cozy chair in my room, or on the couch in the living room.
When do you usually read?
Usually whenever I have to wait for something or someone if I’m out (I carry books at all times), before work, or before I go to sleep.
Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Sometimes I’m between books and just want to go back and read certain parts from certain books.
Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
Nope. But to be fair, I don’t read as much nonfiction as I’d like or probably should.
Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out from the library?
I buy them.
Do you keep most of the books you buy?
Yes, it’s very rare that I’ll give away a book, but I usually lend them once I’m done.
If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them?
I don’t have children, but if I do I could name hundreds of books I’d love to share with them, such as The Giving Tree, Goodnight Moon, The Runaway Bunny, Where the Wild Things Are, Corduroy, Love You Forever, Where the Sidewalk Ends, The Lorax, Are You My Mother?, Clifford, Amelia Bedelia, The Paper Bag Princess, and so many more.
What are you reading now?
A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Do you keep a To Be Read List?
Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Can. Not. Wait!!
Favorite book to read over and over?
The Twilight books, The Time Traveler’s Wife, and any of the Calvin and Hobbes collections.
Meme July 7, 2008Posted by Sparkel in meme.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Rent. It’s my most necessary bill, but also my biggest bill, and usually causes me to weep openly.
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Hmmm…probably the restaurant M took me to for our anniversary.
3. Last time you puked from drinking?
I’m proud to say that I’ve never puked from drinking.
4. When is the last time you got drunk and danced on a bar?
Never done that either.
5. Name of your first grade teacher?
6. What do you really want to be doing right now?
Lying on a beach somewhere in Europe while inspiration hits like lightning and I write my first novel which is brilliant enough to bring me millions and allow me to repeat the beach/inspiration/writing scenario for the rest of my days.
7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
I’ve always wanted to be a writer and work in film.
8. How many colleges did you attend?
Two. One community college, and now a state school.
9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
It’s not really a shirt. It’s a sweater that matches the sundress I’m wearing, and I chose it because my boss frowns on employees coming in looking like they’re hitting the beach later.
10. GAS PRICES?
11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you?
I would move to Italy and take me M.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
My alarm was M, and my first thought was “why are you waking me up, you evil, evil man?”
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Debating whether to go downstairs and read.
14. Favorite style of underwear?
Boyshorts would be my fav if they didn’t so obviously wish they were thongs and attack my booty.
15. Favorite style of underwear for the opposite sex?
Skimply lacy little thongs.
16. What errand/chore do you despise?
Cleaning the bathroom and paying bills.
17. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
I like to think so.
18. Get up early or sleep in?
I would actually love it if my body needed less sleep. I tend to see sleep as a waste of time.
19. What is your favorite cartoon character?
Belle from Beauty and the Beast.
20. Favorite NON sexual thing to do at night with a girl/guy?
Have a good conversation.
21. Have you found real love yet?
Yes I have 😀
22. When did you first start feeling old?
When I started wondering why the kids at starbucks or the movie theater weren’t home in bed already and why can’t they turn down that damn music?!
23. Favorite 80’s movie?
Oh lordy, so many. Teen Witch, Goonies, Labrynth, Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, A Christmas Story, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, Stand By Me, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, E.T., Gremlins, The Princess Bride, The Outsiders, The Brave Little Toaster. Holy crap, all my favorite movies are 80’s movies!
24. Your favorite lunch meat?
25. What do you get every time you go into Sam’s Club?
I haven’t been since I was a kid.
26. Beach or lake?
27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
No. I think people just abuse love and relationships in general, so it’s become something of a joke.
28. How many people do you stalk on livejournal?
29. Favorite guilty pleasure?
Watching bad movies and snarking on them, the Twilight series.
30. Favorite movie you wouldn’t want anyone to find out about?
I am extremely proud of my weird taste in movies, so none.
31. What’s your drink?
32. Cowboys or Indians?
33. Cops or Robbers?
34. Who from high school would you like to run into?
Mostly just teachers. My peer group pretty much sucked.
35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
I don’t listen to the radio much, so I have no idea.
36. Norm or Cliff?
I haven’t watched Cheers too much so I honestly couldn’t tell ya.
37. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons?
The Cosby Show.
38. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
Allowing myself to be treated even a smidge less than I know I deserve.
39. Do you like the person who sits directly across from you at work?
I sit directly across from a wall. But yes, I do like it more than most of the people here.
40. If you could get away with it, who would you kill?
Ann Coulter and random people I come in contact with. Let’s just say that crowd at Luray Cavers is lucky I’m not telekinetic.
41. What famous person(s) would you like to party with?
Pick a trainwreck, any trainwreck. Simply for the entertainment value. Otherwise, Natalie Portman. I’m not sure how much of a party it would be, but I’d just drool all over her.
42. What famous person would you like to sleep with?
Edward Cullen 😀
43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
44. Last book you read for real?
The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
45. Do you have a teddy bear?
46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
My parents house.
47. Somewhere in California you’ve never been and would like to go?
48. Do you go to church?
49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
Career, hands down.
50. Just how OLD are you?
23 in body, 95 in mind, and 7 at heart.
Good Things Come in Fours March 20, 2008Posted by Sparkel in meee, meme.
I’ve been tagged!
Four films I’d watch again (in no particular order)
1. The Notebook
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
3. Beauty and the Beast
Four placed I’ve lived
1. Tucson, Arizona
2. Auburn, Alabama
4. Newton, Massachusetts (for a summer)
Four tv shows I watch
1. The Office
2. Friday Night Lights
3. The Hills
4. Arrested Development (on DVD)
Four Things to Eat
1. Honey glazed chicken
Four Places I’d Rather Be
1. Considering I’m at work, ANYWHERE
4. In bed
Four People to Tag