If I were… March 18, 2008Posted by Sparkel in meee, survey.
1 comment so far
If I Were …
A month: May
A day of the week: Thursday
A planet: Neptune
A direction: Up
A piece of furniture: bookshelf
A historical figure: I kinda just want to be Natalie Portman
A tree: The Giving Tree
A bird: Owl
A tool: Hammer
A kind of weather: Sunny and warm
A mythical creature: Mermaid
A musical instrument: harp
An animal: bird
A flower: Soaring Spirit Rose or Stargazer Lily
A color: baby pink
A sound: laughter
An element: silver
A song: “Sweet Avenue” by Jets to Brazil
A movie: Beauty and the Beast, if only for the library
A book: The Time Traveler’s Wife
A food: sweetart
A place: Heaven
A material: satin
A taste: sweet
A scent: lavendar/vanilla
A religion: all you need is love
A word: quirky
An object: book
A body part: helping hand
A facial expression: grin
A Time of Day: twilight
Perfection January 28, 2008Posted by Sparkel in meee, survey.
taken from Michelle :DPerfection
The perfect outfit: spring/summer: sundress with sandals; fall/winter: dress with a sweater and comfy boots
The perfect meal: I’m easy: spaghetti with a little cheese and garlic bread
The perfect hangover cure: water and a banana before going to sleep
The perfect road trip: Anywhere in Arizona
The perfect facial feature: clear, smooth skin
The perfect drink: strawberry lemonady with a splash of rum
The perfect song: “Sweet Avenue” by Damien Rice
The perfect sign of affection: A kiss on the forehead.
The perfect afternoon: near water with a friend, a good book, and nowhere to be
The perfect vacation: Europe for a year
The perfect invention: television
The perfect type of wedding: small and intimate in the spring
The perfect album: Deja Entendu by Brand New
The perfect accent: Australian
The perfect date: Full of spontanaeity and passion
The perfect weather: Sunny and warm
The perfect party: random, casual, full of people who are interested and interesting and rum
The perfect sport: Gymnastics
The perfect thing to say: “I love you.”
The perfect day of the week: Saturday
Relationship survey November 29, 2007Posted by Sparkel in M, meee, survey.
add a comment
I couldn’t think of one interesting thing to write, and frankly I’m bored, so…my apologies; another survey:
1. Who eats more?
He does, by far.
2. Who said “I love you” first?
Hmm… our first “I love you” came about because I was singing “Can’t Help Falling in Love” to him one night, and I jokingly said “what about you?” after the chorus, and he took my face in his hands and said “sweetie, I think I already am in love with you.” So, if you count that, he did. The next day we were laying on his bed watching TV and I just randomly said “M?” (him: “yeah?”) “I love you” (see him smile out of the corner of my eye as he takes his time to say “I love you too.”) But thankfully, it was very mutual, which is good because we said it very early (about a month into our relationship.) I guess it’s true that when you know, you know.
3. Who is the morning person?
I guess I am, because I’m pretty cheerful as soon as I fully wake up. I’m very chatty in the car in the morning, and he usually comments that he doesn’t know how I have so much energy in the morning. But he has an easier time waking up.
4. Who sings better?
He’s more adorable when he sings, but neither of us can carry much of a tune.
5. Who’s older?
He is, by one year and six days.
6. Who’s smarter?
We are both very intelligent in our own ways.
7. Whose temper is worse?
Mine, by far. M doesn’t have much of a temper at all.
8. Who does the laundry?
We either take turns or I do it to make life easier for him cause I have more free time.
9. Who does the dishes?
We take turns or just use the dishwasher.
10. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
He does most nights, but we switch every once in a while.
11. Whose feet are bigger?
12. Whose hair is longer?
13. Who’s better with the computer?
I type faster and know the internet better, but he knows more about word processing things.
14. Do you have pets?
Whenever someone asks this, he says his sister, so…his words, not mine.
15. Who pays the bills?
He takes care of the utilities, we pay an equal share of the rent, I pay our phone and gym, and we take care of our own credit cards/cars/insurance, etc.
16. Who cooks dinner?
17. Who drives when you are together?
We take turns.
18. Who pays when you go out to dinner?
He usually insists, but sometimes I’m able to grab the check first. He gets very insulted if I don’t let him pay.
19. Who’s the most stubborn?
We’re both Taurus’s, so technically we are both very stubborn. But in reality, probably me.
20. Who is the first one to admit when they’re wrong?
21. Whose family do you see more?
We live with his, so probably them, but we see my family more…recreationally I suppose.
22. Who named your pet?
Hee, I guess I’d have to say his mom.
23. Who kissed who first?
I kissed him first. It was at the end of our first date, and he was so surprised that I wondered if maybe I misread the situation, and it was a friend thing. Turned out he was just shy, and made up for it on our next date.
24. Who asked who out?
He asked me out (hence my confusion about the kiss.)
26. Who’s more sensitive?
I am, definitely.
27. Who’s taller?
He is (in heels too!.)
28. Who has more friends?
29. Who has more siblings?
He has four to my two, so him.
30. Who wears the pants in the relationship?
We both do, in different situations. There is a lot of mutual respect in our relationship.
Survey November 15, 2007Posted by Sparkel in survey.
add a comment
*I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?
1. Frozen food- ice cream
2. Dairy- cheeeese
3. Snacks- Traditional Chex Mix
4. Fruits & veggies- strawberries
5. Meat- flank steak
* Let’s say we’re heading out for a weekend getaway. You’re only allowed to bring 3 outfits with you. So, what’s in your bag?
1. sundress and sandals
2. hot jeans, tank top, sandal-heels
3. hoodie, comfy jeans and my etnies
* If I was to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
1. “caramel macchiato”/”starbucks”
2. “love you too”
3. “good morning/afternoon, law offices”
4. “I want to watch the Office.”
* So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn’t get to do, you’d probably be in a pretty irritable/bad mood?
2. watch some tv/get online
3. go outside
* What are 3 things that you have in your room that have been with you for the longest amount of time?
1. my glo baby
2. my TV
3. My worn down copy of “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”
* If you were only allowed to listen to 5 of your CDs for the rest of your life, never adding anything else, which 5 could you listen to & be content with?
1. mixed CD with lots of my favorite songs
2. Brand New- Deja Entendu
3. Brand New- Your Favorite Weapon
4. Dashboard Confessional- The Places You Have Come to Fear the Most
5. The Beatles- One
* You are driving down the road, and suddenly you’re hit with this sense of road rage. What 3 factors probably contributed to it?
2. being cut off/others being cut off
3. slow drivers who won’t let you pass
* Sweet, you just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We’re talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
1. watch TV
2. watch DVD’s
4. look at my favorite sites online
5. listen to songs and sing and dance
* We’re going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it’ll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
* You just scored tickets to the taping of any show of your choice. You can pick between 5, so what are you deciding between?
1. The Office
2. Friday Night Lights
4. The Daily Show
5. The Colbert Report
* You’re hungry for ice cream. I’ll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. cake batter
2. birthday party
3. chocolate chip cookie dough
* Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what’s in there?
1. rainbow wallet
2. keys for work
3. orange walkman phone
4. MAC lip gloss
5. little notes to myself
* You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let’s pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Film Critic
2. rate hotels and food around the world
I love me girlies & survey November 8, 2007Posted by Sparkel in friends, girly stuff, meee, survey.
add a comment
Last night I met Kate at Cosi’s for yummy latte drinks, then we went to Anna’s to watch Pride and Prejudice. We stayed up until 3 am talking. It was really nice. We took turns talking about our relationships and our families, and the two who were listening would chime in with advice. It was like a three-way mini therapy session. We’re planning on doing the same thing at least once a month. We’re also planning a sleepover where we’ll do all the cliched middle school things (making cookies, doing hair and makeup, gossiping, “sneaking out” to go for a walk at midnight, etc.) Should be fun.
My boss just told me that we’re going to have a Christmas party! Yay free food/drinks/candy!
And to appease the boredom:
If you could take credit for writing one song, which would it be? The Best Deceptions by Dashboard Confessional
If you could play one instrument perfectly? Drums
If you could play one sport perfectly? Gymnastics
If you could speak a second language perfectly? Italian
If you could own a house in another country, which would you choose? Italy
If you could have all the knowledge of one profession, which? Secret agent
If you had to choose one candy you could have from now on, which? That’s a toughie…Nerds.
If you could meet one living celeb, who would it be? Natalie Portman
If you had to change your name, what would you change it to? Kayla or Skylar
If you had to change lives with a friend for a week, who would you choose? Anna
If you could read one person’s thoughts for a day, who would you choose? M
If you could have one car, what would you choose? Jeep Wrangler
If you could have one X men power, which? Read minds
What’s your favorite word? Ubiquitous
What’s your favorite smell(s)? Baby powder, vanilla, and B&BW Moonlight Path lotion
What noise do you love? Rain, music
What noise do you hate? The ones that come out when dumb people open their mouths
What turns you on? Kindness, intelligence, brooding
What turns you off? Arrogance, smoking, stupidity
One profession you’d hate to do? Anything to do with agriculture
What’s one song that you hate? Hmm…
What’s one song you secretly love? Stars are Blind by Paris Hilton…I seriously hate myself for how much I like that song
What city feels most like home to you? Tucson
Would you rather cook or bake? Bake
Do you prefer sweet or savory foods? Sweet
What is you job title? Legal Assistant/Receptionist
Do you like your boss? He’s somewhat off, but overall a very nice guy and a good boss.
What’s your favorite dog? Cocker Spaniel
What’s your best friend’s name? M
Describe him/her in 5 words. Kind, quiet, sexy, intelligent, wonderful.
What’s your favorite day of the week? Thursday
What’s your favoirte holiday? Why? Halloween and Valentine’s Day because I love dressing up, free candy, love, being spoiled for a day, pink and red.
If you had to marry, what time of year would you choose? Spring
If you have sex with a friend, who would you choose? M
What’s your favorite fruit? Strawberry
Are you a morning person? No
What do you order at Starbucks? Iced Venti Caramel Macchiato with whipped cream and extra caramel
Do you like Sushi? Never tried it.
What’s your favoirte body part on the sex you prefer? Back
What’s your favorite reality TV show? The Hills or I Love New York
How often do you hang out with friends? As often as I can
Do you do relationships? I suppose you could say that.
Do you want to get married someday? Yes.
What’s your favorite name? Kayla for a girl, Kayden for a boy.
If you had to live with one person as your roommate, who would you choose? M
What’s your favorite nickname? Busta Sparkels
What’s your favorite beer? Don’t have one
Do you like wine? Not as much as I wish I did
Would you rather go dancing with friends, or have coffee with friends? Depends on my mood.
How many hours a week do you work/go to school? work appx 50. I go to one class for 3 hours every week, and the other 3 classes are online.
Name one song you could sing all the way through even without it playing? I could sing hundreds without them playing.
Name on band that sings lyrics that relate most to your life? Death Cab for Cutie
Do you like your city? Not really.
What are the words/phrases you say the most? I’m the queen of saying things that stopped being trendy last year.
Would you rather call or text? text
What movie makes you cry the most? I cry at every movie, but the one that makes me just weep is My Girl…talking about that movie makes me cry
What’s your favorite Christmas movie? Disney Christmas Carol
Did you ever babysit as a teenager? Who? Yes, a few random kids here and there and my friends three kids who I fell completely in love with.
Would you rather go to the beach or the mountains? Beach
Can you snowboard or ski? I’ve been skiing, but I wouldn’t say I really can ski.
What’s your favorite book? Why? The Time Traveler’s Wife because of the thoughts and emotions and imagery that come while reading it.
Favorite Disney character? Donald Duck
How many people have you had sex with? MYOB will ya?
What annoys you the most? bad drivers and selfish people
50 more things October 21, 2007Posted by Sparkel in meee, survey.
add a comment
you may not know about moi:
51. I love Friday Night Lights
52. which I find strange, considering my complete disinterest in football.
53. I think one of the greatest things about the show is the music, which is usually Explosions in the Sky.
54. I keep the theme song on my walkman phone and blast it while I’m running on the treadmill at the gym sometimes.
55. It makes me feel angst-ier.
56. The one thing I never questioned about religion and God is that everyone has a guardian angel.
57. I was so fascinated and comforted by the concept, that I actively sought out my angel when I was five.
58. When he finally “appeared” to me, he introduced himself as Blaine, and I talked to him about EVERYTHING throughout my entire childhood.
59. And even into my teen years.
60. The truth is, if I’m really upset or feel lonely I still talk to him.
61. To this day when I think of best friends throughout my life, I think of him.
62. And even though I know I was projecting his entire persona, I still feel grateful that I was imaginative enough to create someone who I have always felt understood by.
63. I’m afraid his entire “existence” makes me a little insane.
64. I’ve read that children with imaginary friends turn out to be more creative.
65. Adults with imaginary friends? Me thinks, not so much.
66. My sister and I know all the words to all the songs from the Disney movies of our childhood.
67. I’m listening to “Part of Your World” right now.
68. I wanted to be Belle when I was younger.
69. Mostly for the library.
70. Half of the time I really want to be engaged.
71. The other half of the time I’m terrified by the idea.
72. I really, really hope that I’m surprised when it happens.
73. And that I’m not disappointed by the way it happens.
74. And I’m really afraid that makes me materialistic or spoiled.
75. Though I am quite sure that if it’s M who’s proposing I’ll be ecstatic either way.
76. I want to get married before M’s brothers and sisters so our wedding is seen as special and not “oh jeez, another one?”
77. Which won’t happen, because M is the youngest by four years, and they all have significant others.
78. I do not feel this way about my own brother and sister.
79. I think my sister will get married first.
80. And that she will be the most beautiful bride you or I will ever see.
81. My entire life everyone has said that my sister is the pretty one and I’m the smart one.
82. I have never believed I was ugly because of it. I’ve always agreed-she is stunningly gorgeous.
83. But because of the “smart one” attribution to me, she has always believed that she’s stupid.
84. I think it’s stupid that we both just couldn’t be pretty and smart.
85. Because I honestly think we both are.
86. Most days I look in the mirror and think “could be better, but nothing to frown at.”
87. I truly think everyone has something about them that’s beautiful.
88. I have some of the greatest friends in the world.
89. Jess is an amazing mother and gives the best advice.
90. She’s been my best friend since high school.
91. And one of my closest since middle school.
92. Neither would have been half as fun without her.
93. Anna is worldy and kind.
94. And seriously the best co-worker in the world.
95. They will both be bridesmaids at my wedding and hopefully friends for life.
96. I love reading quotations and lyrics.
97. Especially while I’m at work.
98. I really should be working on my journalism midterm.
99. But I thought I’d bore you instead (you’re welcome 😀 )
100. And now M wants to eat. I love distractions more than most tasks.
Interview September 26, 2007Posted by Sparkel in meee, survey.
add a comment
1. What did you want to be when you grew up? How close/far is it to what you’re doing now?
A writer. Now I’m studying to be a freelance editor and critic so it’s not too far off. I’d like to write a novel someday but unfortunately (as you can probably tell from this blog) I don’t have too much of interest to say at the moment.
2. Do you have any sore spots that you don’t laugh at/make fun of?
My nearest and dearest obviously. I don’t think it’s funny to make fun of someone. Be it about their weight, looks, intelligence, even if you’re “kidding” I just really don’t get why it’s funny.
3. You crack a fortune cookie and it reads “Your dearest wish will come true”. What is it?
I’ll be happily in love until the end of my days.
4. Lets say you had a LARGE amount of money to give away. We’re talking make a difference money. Where would you give it and why.
I would an extremely large portion of the money to those who really need it in Africa (Darfur, and Chad to start.) After that I would give some to my dad so that he could write and not have to worry about money for the rest of his life, and some to my friend Jessie so that she could do all of the things she wants and not be hindered money anymore, some to my sister so she can pursue acting without starving, and the rest to M so that he could go to school for as long as he wants, travel, and have a good life.
5. If money/jobs/family were no object, where would you live?
In a house right on Lake Como in Italy.
50 Things you may not know about me September 12, 2007Posted by Sparkel in random, survey.
add a comment
50. I’m 22.
49. I am a legal assistant/receptionist for a lawyer who sues people for sending spam email and faxes.
48. I have no interest whatsoever in the entire legal profession, which makes for some boring days.
47. My favorite color is pink.
46. When I was a kid it was blue.
45. When I was a teenager it was red.
44. I loathe orange and green.
43. Valentine’s Day is my favorite holiday, followed closely by Halloween.
42. This is only because candy is in my top five list of favorite things in the world.
41. And I’m obsessed with love. (Love is a many splendored thing! Love lifts us up where we belong! All you need is love!)
40. I can type 70 words a minute.
39. My mom can type 140.
38. I’m a lot closer to my dad than I am to my mom.
37. One of my biggest fears is to be like my mom.
36. One of my biggest aspirations is to be like my dad.
35. My dad wanted to be a screenwriter but never went for it. He’s never not regretted it.
34. I secretly credit his unfulfilled dreams as the main reason I want to do well (no regrets).
33. Sometimes M and I fight over things my parents have fought about, and if I cry it’s usually because of that and not because of the actual fight.
32. I hope M and I are together for the rest of my life.
31. But only if we’re happy and still love each other.
30. I used to want 5 kids…then 4…now I think I’d be happy with 2.
29. I hope they’re boy/girl twins and I’ll name them Kayden and Kayla.
28. M and I decided that if we have twins we’ll have another child.
27. I think this is good and bad. I don’t want them to be spoiled, but I know the third would feel left out.
26. I spend a lot more time than I should thinking about things that haven’t happened yet.
25. I’ve always wanted a group of friends like in the show Friends.
24. I’m still waiting for it.
23. I’m the most important person in the world to my most important person in the world, and because of it I never feel completely alone.
22. That person is my sister.
21. My dad is a close second.
20. Despite knowing this, I wish I were M’s most important person.
19. I’m somewhat guarded around most people.
18. But somehow there are no walls between M and I.
17. I take a lot of pride in working for my money and paying my own bills.
16. But I’m very envious of people who don’t need to.
15. I love Coach bags, but would never buy one because I’d never spend more than $50 on a purse.
14. Almost all of my clothes were bought for less than $20.
13. The only thing I splurge on is makeup.
12. I’m obsessed with MAC and just got into Clinique.
11. The value of all my makeup and brushes is probably close to $1000.
10. I don’t spend more than $20 on a haircut either.
9. And I’ve never had a bad one.
8. I love animals and would love a puppy.
7. I think it’s cruel to cage a bird, and have to fight the urge to set them free when I go into a house that has one.
6. When I was a kid I thought I was the only person in the world who could see fireflys.
5. My first big heartbreak was finding out I wasn’t.
4. I love to read and watch tv and movies equally.
3. If someone doesn’t like to read I think they’re an idiot.
2. If someone doesn’t watch tv I think they’re pretentious.
1. I spend way too much time online.
Boredy Bored September 7, 2007Posted by Sparkel in random, survey.
add a comment
Two Names You Go By:
Two Parts of Your Heritage:
Two Things That Scare You:
1. Someone I love dying.
2. Being betrayed by someone I love.
Two of Your Everyday Essentials
1. Talking to/being with M.
2. Watching TV or a movie
Two things that you are wearing right now
1. Super cute v-neck striped sweater top
2. Extra long jeans that I’m in love with
Two of Your Favorite Bands or Musical Artists:
1. Brand New
2. The Beatles.
Two Things You Want in a Relationship:
1. Conversations about anything and everything.
2. To feel like I’m the best/only girl in the entire world to my person.
Two Physical Things that Appeal to You About the opposite Sex:
Two of Your Favorite Hobbies:
2. Watching movies and tv
Two Things You Want Really Badly:
1. To travel
2. My own house or apartment
Two Places You Want to go on Vacation:
Two Things You Want to Do Before You Die:
1. Get married
2. Write a book
Two Things You Are Thinking About Now:
1. I’m sad because I got Anna sick, so now I will be bored at work today
2. I’m happy cause I’m meeting Kate for lunch at Cosi’s
Two Stores You Shop At:
2. Barnes and Noble
Two of the websites you visit a lot:
2. Various blogs
Two pets you owned:
1. Snowbie, a half lab, half collie
2. A goldfish named Bubbles
Two Favorite Sports (to play):
Two things you did last night:
1. Watched the extras on The Office Season 3 DVD set
Two shows you like to watch currently:
1. The Office
2. The Hills